Syngenta is an international agribusiness company and one of the world’s leading seeds and crop protection Chemicals Company. To meet the demand for expansion the company is seeking for qualified candidates to fill the existing vacant positions;
Rice / Vegetables Technical Crop Experts
Kwara and Nasarawa States for Rice, Kano State for Vegetables
The Rice /Vegetable Technical Crop Expert will drive awareness and acceptance of crop offers by collaborating with key stakeholders in local markets. The Expert will build crop expertise in the organisation by leveraging on market knowledge.
• Organise field trial demonstration sites and liaise with growers in support of the local commercial units (sales team)
• Monitor the performance and relationships with suppliers to ensure compliance with business standards
• Provide/validate/evaluate technical elements of crop and brand strategies at commercial unit crop level (technical assumptions, technical stories including competitors)
• Understand and interface with the various organisations that contribute to variety research and development, agronomics, sustainability, finished product quality, rice utilization/ production.
• Identify potential solutions to address grower needs and support new product launches via participation in trials and training.
• Set up, follow up, consolidate and analyse trials and trial results for the commercial unit down to territory level to build deep understanding of solutions, to sharpen their positioning and maximize the impact of product launches
• Support collaboration with local influencers
• Develop process improvement initiatives to optimise efficiency of existing and new recipe/products without risk to product conformance or established specifications.
• Develop and deliver technical training and guidance as required.
• Training in technical elements of Seeds / CP for sales teams
• First Degree in food science & technology with agronomy background or any relevant field of study – Rice agronomy expertise is required
• At least 8 years relevant experience of which 3 years should be in a technical role (e. g. Technical Support Manager, Product Evaluator, Technical Advisor or Technical Service or Product Manager in the agri-business sector)
• Crop management knowledge with field experience
• Deep and broad agronomy, crop and product knowledge
• Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and meet deadlines
• Good communication (written and verbal) skills and excellent command of the English language
• Good interpersonal skills
• Must have ability to learn to operate any of the process equipment, as well as understand process and product testing requirements.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Safety conscious, quality conscious and excellent work ethics
• Strong computer skills
• Willingness to travel as necessary to execute projects.
Country Business Manager
The position holder will regularly execute sales campaigns with the aim of achieving agreed sales targets. He/she will assume external relationship responsibilities while leading and representing the business and staff with the aim of achieving profitable growth to making the business number one in the industry.
• Ensure appropriate customer segmentation exists and appropriate offers are defined and delivered.
• Act as an active member of the sales community and contribute to the optimisation and selective alignment of commercial policies and price structure across borders.
• Ensure that all relevant processes and policies are well understood and implemented by the country team and, where necessary, by customers.
• Ensure compliance with HSE requirements, local legislation and competition law.
• Actively develop relationships with outside bodies that have major influence on the business of the company e.g external markets for products, international marketing boards etc.
• Contribute to the Go to Market and Channel strategies.
• Develop field force effectiveness measures based on standard indicators.
• Define sales targets based on current strategy and business plans.
• Develop zone plans and Key Account plans, including channels, influencers and other demand creators.
• Measure field force performance and develop corrective/improvement actions.
• Put in place the necessary activities to ensure business continuity during the transition.
• Support the integration of the CP and SE field forces, including the definition of new processes/ways of working, driving appointment process and fostering mind-set change.
• Work with colleagues within the Territory, in other Territories, in the crop groups and global functions to develop effective governance and ways of working at the critical interfaces.
• A degree in Business Administration, Marketing and any Management related course. MBA degree will be an added advantage
• At least 10years Proven track record in business development/management or marketing with at least 5 years at management level
• Proven leadership skills
• Proven ability to understand customer needs, structure and business drivers
• Sets ambitious strategic goals, analytical thinking and customer focus
• Collaborates across boundaries, develops people, organisation and self
• Applies effective grower, channel and influencer segmentation
• Develops/delivers innovative, customer-driven offers
• Develops/implements sound value and transactional pricing based on customer perceived value
• Designs/optimizes effective field force strategy
• Delivers distinctive value proposition to customer
• Manages distribution channels effectively
• Develops/executes campaign plans
• Anticipates changes in the market and adjusts strategies accordingly
• Impeccable negotiation, communication and presentation skills
Application and CV’s with the job title clearly indicated as the subject of the mail should be sent to; email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, May17th, 2013