3 day Art Photography Workshop
Wed 21st - Fri 23rd April 2010, 10am -5pm
To coincide with New York based, Turkey artist Pinar Yolaçan’s Maria series photography exhibition, CCA,Lagos will be hosting a three day workshop art photography workshop in which the artist will guide participants in conceiving and/or and realizing work(s) that will go on to be exhibited within the CCA,Lagos library space as part of our Fashion, Art and Identity series.
The workshop will take as the starting point the methodology used by Pinar Yolaçan to create her conceptual photographic works using clothing and its representation through image. During the workshop Pinar will
• Do a presentation of her work and the narrative that underpins the work.
• Discuss her research strategies and methodology highlighting the way to maximum resources available such as internet, fabric stores, libraries, magazines etc.
• Highlight aspects such as casting, location, props
• Carry out hands-on lesson to developing ideas based around art, fashion and identity.
• The results will be developed and form part of an display at the CCA,Lagos library.
Please bring an item of clothing which will form part of your prop
COURSE FEE: N5000 (five thousand naira only)
For more information please contact Oyinda Fakeye at email@example.com or on 07055680104,
SPACES ARE LIMITIED SPACES ARE LIMITIED SPACES ARE LIMITIED
ARTISTS TALK SATURDAY 24TH 3PM
Our established P.A.G.E.S event which invites artists and writers to discuss work from our exhibitions will be held on the 24th April 2010, featuring a panel that includes; designer Deola Sagoe and writer Odili Ojubuonu in conversation with the artist Pinar Yolaçan. The event will start at 3pm prompt and be followed by light refreshments.
Pinar Yolacan ‘Maria’ has been presented at CCA,Lagos with the support of Arts Collaboratory.