A public policy think tank based in Lagos, Nigeria with a mission “to ensure that government action fosters growth, economic well-being, freedom and individual responsibility” seeks to recruit exceptional persons as research associates in the areas of policy, communications and fundraising.
The ideal candidate would have trained up to post graduate level with a strong academic background (at least a second class upper) in economics, sociology, mathematics, statistics or any related discipline and will match the following profile:
· Aged between 25 and 35 years
· Keen interest in the interdisciplinary field between economics and sociology, as well as in the field of applied economic research
· Excellent written (e.g. experience of published reports) and verbal communication skills
· Leadership and track record of delivery
· A proven ability to inspire, coach and develop others
· Excellent project and stakeholder management skills
· First rate policy and strategy skills
· Outstanding analytical, research and problem solving skills
· Ability to deliver results in different environments (especially in a developing world context)
· Ability to work both independently and in a team
· Dynamic, flexible and reliable
· Ability to use a statistical package (such as SPSS) will be an added advantage.
Our organisation will in turn offer each candidate a stimulating and challenging work environment, a possibility to participate in frontier research, opportunities for world class, international training and an attractive salary package.
The selected candidate will ideally be expected to resume the post as soon as possible. The position will start with a one year contract with the option of renewal depending on performance.
Expression of interest in form of a cover letter accompanied by a one-page CV should be sent electronically to email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> by the 26th of January 2010.